Section I: Your Rights
a) Your Right to Privacy
This statement explains how “BOLT Capital” protects your privacy in relation to interactions with us, through this website or any other form of communication (email, post, phone etc.).
BOLT Capital abides by the Data Protection Acts. For the purpose of the Acts, the Data Controller in relation to any personal data you supply is BOLT Capital DAC. You have a right to access any information held about you.
To obtain the records we hold about you, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our correspondence address (38/39 Fitzwilliam Square, D02 NX53). The Data Protection Officer for BOLT Capital is: ROBERT GILL. We will respond within 30 days to any request.
When we talk about “BOLT” or “us” or “we” in this statement we are referring to BOLT Capital DAC.
b) Collection and Use of Information
We collect personal data about you as a customer and data relating to your interactions with us, through this website or any other form of communication (email, post, phone etc.) to allow us to assess your credit application.
This data enables us to provide you with a more efficient and effective customer service by developing a wider understanding and appreciation of our customer base.
c) Your Information Rights
From 25th May 2018, you will have enhanced and new rights in relation to the use of your data, following the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force, including the right to:
- Find out how we use your information, access your information and receive copies of the information we hold on file for you. You have to opt-in for data to be collected, and consent must be given rather than implied.
- Have incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, updated or completed.
- Exercise the right to data portability (i.e. the right to transfer their data from one service provider to another).
- In certain circumstances object to a specific use of your personal data, where that data is not required to meet legislation or mandatory regulatory requirements (i.e. collection of data for AML purposes or completion of Central Credit Register).
- In certain circumstances, request your information to be deleted or restricted, where that data is not required to meet legislation or mandatory regulatory requirements. A record will remain in place, but not be used.
- Withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
- Be notified, where there has been a data breach, which compromises an individual’s personal data, you have the right to be notified within 72 hours of BOLT first having become aware of the breach.
d) How We Keep Your Information Safe
We appreciate that you care about how your personal and company information is used, stored and shared. To protect your information, we use security measures that comply with Irish Law and meet international standards. This includes IT security safeguards and secure files, office and disposal of data.
e) Declaration of Consent
By accepting the terms outlined on this statement, you the user:
- Confirm that the information provided to date is true, accurate and complete in all respects, have disclosed all relevant information and that you have read and understand all sections;
- Agree that BOLT may use the personal information that you have provided for the purpose of assessing the loan application by BOLT and organisations with which BOLT is affiliated or represented;
- Authorise BOLT and our agents, investors and advisors to make all such enquiries we consider necessary in relation to your application for credit;
- Give consent to receive periodical communication from BOLT in relation to any due-diligence request; credit decision; and/or management/administration of a loan (should it be agreed and drawn-down) – including the receipt of statements and/or any request for information as per loan facility agreement or any other reasonable direct communication that BOLT Capital deems necessary for the management of the relationship.
- Authorise BOLT, where applicable, to update your credit file with a credit reporting agency in relation to the application for credit and/or if/when credit is provided; and
- Agree that BOLT and any financier or affiliated organisation, that at any time provides or has any interest or prospective interest in this application may:
- Exchange of information between credit providers: seek from and use or give to another credit provider (including without limitation any other credit provider who has lent money on the same security) any information about your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity. Specifically, we may provide a credit opinion in relation to you.
- Exchange of information with others: provide any information obtained during the application process to any originator, financier, accountant, credit reporting agency, fraud prevention agency, lawyer or any other party involved with the prospective finance to be provided to you or as deemed appropriate by BOLT (in its sole discretion).
- Provide information to credit reporting agencies (e.g. the Central Credit Register): give to a reporting agency any personal or commercial information about you, as required by the relevant credit reporting agency.
- Provide Information for securitisation: disclose any report or personal information about you to any organisation which may be required in relation to any form of securitisation of any finance, sale of notes or other form of transfer of the finance which may be provided.
- Provide information to fraud prevention agencies: make searches of fraud prevention agencies who will supply information. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering. This includes passing information to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. BOLT may use this information if decisions are made about you or others at your address(s) on credit or credit-related services.
a) Collection of Browsing Data
When you browse through our website, our web server collects data which relates to your visit such as:
- What pages you have viewed;
- Certain interactions you have had on those pages;
- The number of times you may have visited a particular page; or
- The amount of time you may have spent on certain pages.
In some cases, the data we collect will be anonymous and it will simply tell us what pages have received the most activity and are of particular interest to our customers in general.
Where you log onto and use www.boltcapital.com we will:
- Be able to identify what pages you have shown a particular interest in;
- What pages you have visited multiple times;
- What pages you have spent the most amount of time on;
- We will mostly do this work ourselves however sometimes we will use Google Analytics to assist us. In all cases we will carry this work out in a responsible manner.
i) What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your computer, smartphone, tablet or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website or use our Apps.
Cookies are used to maintain the integrity of your browsing activities when you visit our website and can also be used to customise and so improve the individual customer experience.
Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer or other devices. You can continue to use this website with no loss of functionality if you choose to disable cookies on your computer or device.
More general information on cookies can be found on www.aboutcookies.org. This includes information on how to disable cookies.
This Site may contain hypertext links to associated web sites maintained by BOLT and you are warned that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
There may also be links to web sites not maintained by BOLT and you are warned that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to the terms and conditions of www.boltcapital.com and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. BOLT will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such third-party websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
By accessing and continuing to navigate this website you agree to the processing of your personal data in the manner outlined above. You also agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to authorised third parties in order to prevent, detect or prevent fraud and to meet legislative and regulatory requirements (as outlined above).
BOLT Capital reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend this privacy statement at any time, you should regularly check this privacy statement for any amendments.